I love food and I also love preparing something delicious for my family, as for me, cooking is an act of love and a way to show that I care.
Last week, I had some free time in the morning so I decided to play with my pots and pans in the kitchen and to cook Pork Mechado for lunch. It is one of the Filipino dishes that we like to eat. For my Pork Mechado, I used fresh tomato instead of the ready-made tomato sauce in the supermarket as I prefer to use fresh ingredients when cooking.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 0.75 kg pork
- 1 pc potato
- 1.5 kg tomatoes
- 1 ball garlic
- 1 pc onion
- 1 pc lemon
- bay leaf
- ground black pepper, to taste
- soy sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- olive oil
- Prepare fresh tomato sauce. Cut the tomatoes then put the tomatoes in the pot. Add 1 cup of water. Simmer for 30 minutes. Put 1 spoonful of olive oil in the cooking pot.
- Sautee garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and wait until becomes light brown.
- Add fresh tomato sauce. Mix and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hour.
- Once the meat is tender, add potato, lemon and a bay leaf. Add soy sauce, black pepper and salt as you see fit.
- Simmer for few minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with rice.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.