We noticed that our landlady and her family, especially their daughter, love our food. So, during Khmer New Year 2014, we offered them spaghetti carbonara since in East Asia, it symbolizes longevity and good fortune. Plus, this variation of spaghetti carbonara has obtained its place in our pasta hall of fame for it’s easy to cook and delicious style.
In order to inspire the home cook-to-be, here is a recipe for Spaghetti carbonara ensured to surprise for its effectiveness and win your heart with its delectable taste.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- 250 grams of good quality bacon, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 200 grams of white button mushroom, sliced thinly
- 500 mL of all Purpose Fresh Cream or cooking cream
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Put the bacon in the pan and cook it gently for about 15 minutes over a low heat to remove the fat.
- In a separate pan, cook the white button mushroom gently for about 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Once the bacon and mushroom are cooked, mix them together.
- Add fresh cream. Stir.
- Then add salt, pepper and mustard until you get the desired taste.
- Stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet instructions, add one teaspoon of olive oil in the boiling water.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it.
- Put the Carbonara sauce on the pasta.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!