Food is love! For me, cooking is an expression of appreciation and care for important people in my life. It also gives me some great memories especially when I share it with my family and friends around a great table.
So, during our last visit to my family in the Philippines I cooked chicken curry. This chicken curry recipe is my own version of chicken curry. It is a simple and delicious chicken curry using convenient premixed curry powder. However, just like any other chicken curry dish, this one has a nice flavor and aroma that your whole family will surely love.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 0.5 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 big potato, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 pieces tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add chicken curry powder and sautée for 2 minutes or till the raw smell goes.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces. Mix well. Cook till the chicken pieces start changing color.
- Add thick coconut milk. Stir. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is done.
- Add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, onion, and red pepper. Stir. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- When you notice a red layer of oil, add salt according to taste.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with white rice.
Happy eating! 🙂