We love potatoes! Whether roasted, boiled, cooked, baked, or fried. Apart from the fact that they can be cooked in so many different ways, they’re also perfect for a healthy balanced diet as they’re full of fiber and provide a significant amount of vitamins C and potassium.
Last week, Alan baked an utterly irresistible French dish called Gratin Dauphinois. It has few ingredients but it is oozing with flavor. It is crispy on the top and bottom. It has a rich and cheesy taste.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 12 pieces potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 bulbs garlic, sliced
- 2 boxes of 250 mL fresh cream
- 100 grams of cheddar cheese, grated
- 200 grams of rashers, thinly sliced
- Prepare the potatoes and garlic. Wash and peel the potatoes and garlic. Then, slice the potatoes and garlic into thin and round shape.
- Put the rashers into the pan and cook it gently to remove the fat for about 10 minutes.
- A Layer of potatoes first at the bottom of an oven dish, overlapping the slices. Then put some meat. Next spread some fresh cream and on the last layer put some garlic. Keep layering the ingredients in that order, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Put the cheese on the very top layer. Spread it evenly.
- Put it into the oven and cooked at 250°C for about 1.5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy eating!