Today, I prepared a special egg roll for breakfast. This is a variation on the omelet theme, which is a very popular dish in many parts of Asia especially in the Philippines, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc. It is an incredibly simple and easy recipe for breakfast, side dish, appetizer or even snack.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 3 medium size eggs
- 1 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp carrot, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Olive oil
Prepare egg mixture.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Remove chalaza from the egg using a fine sieve for finer texture of dish as chalaza is known to contain cholesterol.
- Add milk, salt and white pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add spring onions, carrots and tomatoes into the egg mixture. Stir thoroughly.
Prepare egg roll.
- Brush with some olive oil into a frying pan.
- Scoop ¼ of the mixture into the frying pan. Gently swirl the pan until the bottom of the pan is completely covered.
- Roll the egg from one side to the other.
- Brush the other side of the pan with some olive oil. Pour another quarter of the mixture into the pan. Then gently swirl and rock the pan until the bottom of the pan is completely covered.
- Repeat the same process until you finish all the mixture.
- Once the egg roll is fully cooked, it’s ready to serve.
Of course you can serve it whole, but you can also slice it before serving. Enjoy eating!