I was craving for a salad dish. When I checked my fridge I found apples and chicken, so I decided to make chicken and apple salad.
In this recipe, there are only three secrets that make this gorgeous salad a star. First, you should have three dipping mixtures: flour, egg, breadcrumbs. Second you should cut the meat to an even thickness so that it cooks consistently throughout. Third is the magic of the salad dressing.
To me, there is nothing like a platter full of juicy, crispy and crunchy chicken and apple salad filled with tangy, creamy dressings.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 500 grams breast chicken
- Lettuce, dry
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 green apples, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs
- Low fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp of water
- Olive oil
- White pepper
- Prepare three dipping mixtures. Put three plates on the table:
- Put flour on the first plate and seasoned it with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Crack the egg on the second plate. Add water. Whisk thoroughly.
- On the third plate, put the breadcrumbs and mix it with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Wash the chicken breasts. Use paper towels to dry it thoroughly. Toss the chicken in the flour and shake it off to remove the excess flour. Then, dip it into the egg mixture and lastly dip it in the breadcrumbs.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Put the chicken and cook it for five minutes until golden brown. Then flip the chicken and continue cooking the other side for another five minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, drain it using paper towels. Let it cool for a few minutes before you slice it into strips.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, put low fat buttermilk. Add mayonnaise, white vinegar and parsley. Add some salt and white pepper according to your desired taste. Whisk until well combined.
- On a platter, lay the lettuce. Scatter the apples on top. Then, lay the chicken and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve and enjoy eating.