Today, I made an Indian dish called Potato Cheese Balls. I noticed that both adults and children like and enjoy this snack. Not only this is a good snack, I think it can also be a good appetizer too, so I decided to share this simple recipe.
For this dish, I have only used simple ingredients which are normally available in your kitchen. It is a simple dish that can easily be made at home.
What I really like about this dish is the mashed potato flavor goes with the soft cheese inside, it literally melts in your mouth with a crunchy and crispy crust outside. Hmmm… it is really yummy! 🙂
Ingredients for 3 people:
- 2 big potatoes, boiled
- Mozarella cheese, cube or grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pcs spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp graham masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- A pinch of oregano
- All purpose flour
- 1 piece of egg
- Bread crumbs
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes. Cut then potatoes into quarter size, so it is easy to mash them. Boil the potatoes. Put the potatoes into a big bowl and mash them.
- Put the mashed potato into a bowl. Add oregano, spring onions, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, graham masala, cumin, all-purpose flour and salt. Mix all the ingredients.
- Pad it to make small flat ones. Put the cheese on the dough. Close the edges if it is still uncover. Then roll as balls.
- Roll the balls into the beaten egg.
- Roll the balls over the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the balls until golden brown.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup or mayonnaise.