I was craving for a pasta dish, something creamy but not sweet, something rich in proteins but with a low amount of fat. So, this recipe for chicken macaroni salad was right in our alley since my family loves a good chicken and pasta dish. It’s simple yet the bold zests from celery stalks and capsicum really make the dish.
Undeniably, we enjoyed eating chicken macaroni salad because it’s fresh, healthy and creamy!
Ingredients good for 6 servings:
- 600 grams chicken breast, cubed
- 1 kg macaroni
- 1 piece capsicum, cubed
- 3 pieces medium size carrots, grated
- 7 celery stalks, cubed
- 1 medium size onion, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 medium size lemon
- 20 cL fresh light cream
- 150 grams Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 200 mL Light mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Prepare the meat.
- Put water into the cooking pot. Put the chicken. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 small whole onion. Bring it to boil. Once it has boiled, let it the meat cool down and slice it into cubes.
- Prepare the macaroni.
- Put water into the cooking pot. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring it to boil. When the water is boiling, put the macaroni then cook it according to packaging instructions.
- When the macaroni is cooked, strain it and rinse it with cold water.
- Prepare the salad.
- Put the carrots, celery, onion, capsicum and garlic into the mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, 6 tablespoons of lemon juice, fresh cream, 1 tablespoon of mustard. Toss and mix the mixture well.
- Add chicken. Toss it properly.
- Put the macaroni. Mix well.
- Add some salt and white pepper according to your taste. Mix well.
- Put it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂