Gratin Dauphinois is one of the potato dishes I really love, so I learned how to make it from Dr K. I have learned that it is a traditional dish in one of the places in the southeastern of France called Dauphine.
So, while I was in the Philippines, I made it for my family and friends. I showed how to make it to my aunt and shared it among family and friends while having an easy conversation with them. All in all we had a great dinner.
For those who love creamy potato and for those who wish to try it, here’s a traditional French recipe for you:
- 2 small bags of potatoes
- 2 boxes of 20 cL fresh cream
- 500 grams of bacon
- 1 pack of peeled garlic
- 100 grams of cheese
- ½ glass of water
- Wash the potatoes and peel them. Then cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices.
- Cut the bacon into small bits and then fry it a pan.
- In an oven dish, put a layer of sliced potatoes, a layer of sliced garlic, a layer of fried bacon and a layer of cream.
- Repeat step 4 twice. Finish a layer of potatoes on top.
- Pour half glass of water over the dish.
- Put the dish in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 250 degrees Celsius.
- Grate the cheese. Put the cheese on top of the dish and put the dish back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your meal.