Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce is a rich dish that you can prepare for yourself, your family and friends for lunch or dinner. It’s a simple recipe that takes about 30 minutes to prepare. In fact, this dish is good for people who do not have that much time to spend on cooking.
In this recipe, the chicken is creamy, tender and juicy as the chicken breast is drenched in the most luscious, creamy, and hearty mushroom sauce, easily made from a few simple ingredients. You will need boneless chicken breast, fresh white button mushroom, fresh cream and cheddar cheese.
If I can’t find fresh white button mushroom in the supermarket, I replaced it with Bonduelle, it’s a good French tin mushroom. Before cooking, my family and I opted to sautéed the mushroom (fresh or tin) first without any oil or butter, slowly and over a gentle fire so that the water from it will seep out and it will just simmer in their liquid. As a result, it would taste good and not spongy and squishy.
Another thing I like about this recipe is that it’s great served up over pasta, steamed rice, mashed potatoes, biscuits, sautéed vegetables of your choice, toast, or whatever you like. And, to me, this creamy mushroom sauce is one of the easiest sauce I’ve had ever make.
For those who are craving for something creamy but easy-to-make dish – chicken with creamy mushroom sauce is just perfect for you.
- 3 pieces boneless chicken breast
- 1 pack of white button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 6 gloves of garlic, minced
- 20 cL cooking fresh cream
- 2 spoonful chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon of melted salted butter
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- chicken powder
- 2tablespoon of olive oil
Step 1: Prepare the chicken
- Season boneless chicken breast with chicken powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat. Add chicken breast until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
Step 2: Prepare the mushroom
- In a pan, sauté the mushrooms slowly without any oil and butter above a gentle fire to evaporate the liquid from it so that it won’t taste too squishy.
Step 3: Prepare the mushroom sauce
- In a separate pan, melt the butter.
- Add onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until tender and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Gradually, pour in the chicken broth. Stir.
- Add the fresh cream. Stir. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese. Stir constantly.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook. Stir constantly until slightly thickened about 4 minutes.
Step 4: Putting together
- Put-in the chicken into the mushroom sauce. In between, spoon some sauce over the top of the chicken. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Garnish the chicken with creamy sauce with parsley
- Serve it immediately with sautéed baby carrots and beans (or any vegetables of your choice) in butter, steam rice, mashed potatoes, biscuits, toast or whatever you like.
- Share and enjoy your delicious meal with your loved ones.