Chicken with lemon pepper cream sauce is a new addition to family’s food favorite – it’s lemony, creamy, peppery, and tasty.
Here are the reasons why we love this dish:
- We love the freshly crashed Kampot peppercorns and the combination of pepper and lemon as it creates a really wonderful full flavor.
- It’s an easy-to-make meal – easy enough to make it for a weeknight but gorgeous enough to make for a special occasion.
- The velvety consistency of the sauce transforms our table into chic and elegant French dining room.
In my recipe, I use boneless, skinless chicken breast and fry it quickly about 3 to 4 minutes each side. I also add a wee bit of salt and some complementary spices like garlic and shallots for more flavor. In addition, I use Emmental cheese as it is fruity and tastier than cheddar and it doesn’t taste strong. It is best served with hot steamed rice, or steamed fresh vegetables like asparagus or broccoli, or sautéed spinach.
If you do not have a lemon pepper powder spice you can make your own lemon pepper powder by using pepper powder, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice of half a lemon. Then mix it well together.
It’s definitely a dish that would make everyone happy.
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 100 grams Emmental cheese, grated
- 206 grams of fresh cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper powder
- 1 small cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Seasoning: (substitute in case you do not have lemon pepper powder)
- Lemon juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Season both sides of the chicken with lemon pepper powder.
- Put some olive oil on a pan in a high heat. Spread the oil on a pan and get it hot.
- Cook the chicken. Wait until the chicken turns into a beautiful golden brown caramelized color. Flip over the chicken. Cook each side of the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, deglazed the pan with a little bit of water and let it boil just to get all those flavor that stick in pan.
- Put in some of your favorite cheese.
- Add fresh cooking cream. Mix well.
- Add some spring onion and parsley. Mix everything well together.
- Put it on a serving bowl. Finish it with some grated cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve it with steamed rice or steamed fresh vegetables – asparagus or broccoli or sautéed spinach.
- Share and enjoy!