Our dining table is always a hangout for a bowl of greens as we enjoy this healthy dose of vegetables in our everyday meal. In spite of the countless health benefits we can get from eating salads, we love it simply because we can always go creative with the way we eat it.
One of our favorite salad dishes is “Jardinière de légumes”. In English, it means “vegetables from the garden” but personally, I prefer the French name – it sounds fancy, sweet and sophisticated. lol.
This salad is easy to make – I just toss whatever fresh and organic vegetables I could find at the Green O’Farm greengrocer then drizzle it with homemade lemon yogurt mustard mayo sauce, one of our favorite salad dressings. Jardinière de legumes is bursting with nutritious ingredients, and full of delicious flavors and textures.
Voilà! This simple, budget, vibrant salad in minutes with lettuce, peppers, avocado, green apples, cucumbers and shallots truly makes a perfect dinner! What could be easier?
Jardinière de légumes
- 1 small avocado, cube
- 1 small green apple, cube
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 big size shallots (red onion), cut lengthwise
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cube
- Kampot black pepper, freshly crashed, to taste
- salt, to taste
Lemon yogurt mustard mayo sauce
- lemon juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kampot red pepper, freshly crashed, to taste
- salt, to taste
How to prepare:
- In a small bowl, toss together the lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, plain yogurt, olive oil, pepper and salt. Mix until well combined. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, toss together all the vegetables.
- Serve, share and enjoy.