Tuesday morning was scorching hot and I wasn’t really feel inspired to cook and I hadn’t planned anything for lunch. Plus, when I asked my boys what they want for lunch, they said “I don’t know”.
So, I checked what we had in the fridge. I found chicken breasts and some vegetables. Then, I came up with this idea randomly: stuffed chicken breasts.
It turned out to be insanely good packed with colorful flavor. I served it with mashed potato prepared by hubby (leftover from Monday lunch) and stir-fry broccoli.
It’s super easy and you can stuff the chicken breasts with whatever vegetables you want.
What you will need:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large shallots, sliced
- 2 tsp chicken powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano,
- freshly crashed red Kampot pepper to taste
- some shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- some fresh parsley, chopped
How to make it:
- Make slits in each chicken. Make sure you do not cut through completely.
- Seasoned with chicken powder, paprika and freshly crashed red Kampot pepper.
- Stuff with shallots, tomatoes and yellow bell pepper and sprinkle oregano.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese.
- Put the chicken in a preheated oven to 220⁰C and bake it for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Et voila – lunch is ready! Serve, share and enjoy with your loved ones!