Amongst the many things I love about my hometown is a wonderful beach breakfast or brunch at Mabua Beach in Tandag, where we only live 5 meters away from the sea.
It was a beautiful day after Christmas, all of the big events in the family (my sister’s wedding, Christmas Eve celebration and house blessing of our new home) were over, so we decided to have breakfast at the beach.
We brought all the leftovers from Christmas, plus mom’s cooked fresh tinolang isda (fish soup) with freshly harvested vegetables from her garden.
Everybody had good appetite. Everybody was delighted. Everybody savored the moment.
- Got thrilled out by the unlimited karaoke on the beach. Don’t you know that it is part of the Filipino passions?
- Had fun with the big waves – swim through, dive under or ride over them.
- Luxuriate in with one of my favorite books.
- Got a kick out of a tranquil walk on the seashore.
- Dug on the beach and buried up to your neck in the sand.
- Wallowed in the luxury of tranquility and togetherness.
How I love to smell and hear the warm early morning sea breeze, listen to the sound of the crashing waves, watch the sun glorious rising hues, and bask in the stunning view of the sea. It was so warm, relaxed and breathtaking!