Since I was a small child, I have enjoyed eating avocado, especially my mom’s avocado fruit salad. On the top of the fact that avocado is a very nutritious and delicious food, it can go with all sorts of foods and blend well with various ingredients as it has a creamy, buttery and fatty texture. I love avocado even more when I learned its many healthy benefits: healthy for the heart, great for vision, improved digestion, helps lose weight, and many more.
Today, I decided to make my favorite dip called guacamole for our afternoon’s snack. I love guacamole because it’s fresh, healthy, quick, easy and addictive!
Ingredients good for 3 persons:
- 1 big ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 ripe lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 6 pieces spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red capsicum, minced
- Salt to taste
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice and mix.
- Add cilantro, spring onions and capsicum. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add salt to taste. Mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for best flavor.
- Serve with Doritos or with any crisps you like and enjoy.
Today, I made an Indian dish called Potato Cheese Balls. I noticed that both adults and children like and enjoy this snack. Not only this is a good snack, I think it can also be a good appetizer too, so I decided to share this simple recipe.
potato cheese balls. 🙂
For this dish, I have only used simple ingredients which are normally available in your kitchen. It is a simple dish that can easily be made at home.
What I really like about this dish is the mashed potato flavor goes with the soft cheese inside, it literally melts in your mouth with a crunchy and crispy crust outside. Hmmm… it is really yummy! 🙂
Ingredients for 3 people:
- 2 big potatoes, boiled
- Mozarella cheese, cube or grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pcs spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp graham masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- A pinch of oregano
- All purpose flour
- 1 piece of egg
- Bread crumbs
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes. Cut then potatoes into quarter size, so it is easy to mash them. Boil the potatoes. Put the potatoes into a big bowl and mash them.
- Put the mashed potato into a bowl. Add oregano, spring onions, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, graham masala, cumin, all-purpose flour and salt. Mix all the ingredients.
- Pad it to make small flat ones. Put the cheese on the dough. Close the edges if it is still uncover. Then roll as balls.
- Roll the balls into the beaten egg.
- Roll the balls over the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the balls until golden brown.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup or mayonnaise.