My family and I were craving for pizza, and since we had some leftover of chicken and pork patty (prepared by hubby), I decided to make meat and cheese lover pizza at home with pizza dough and pizza sauce completely made from scratch. We just love pizza, and we love the combination of how the pizza smells, looks and tastes.
I always find it satisfying to make good pizza at home because it makes my family on cloud nine. With my go-to pizza recipe, I could make a good pizza with a good pizza crust – that’s soft inside and crispy outside.
My homemade pizza is not a junk food. It deliciously contains a lavish base of homemade tomato sauce prepared with the freshest organic vegetables and low-fat cheeses. It has an exquisite flavor and texture.
Making a really great meat and cheese lover pizza at home was a real treat, and all of us enjoyed our pizza night.
Ingredients for pizza dough:
- ½ cup warm milk
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup warm water to activate the yeast
Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 big tomatoes, sliced
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup of water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients for toppings:
- cooked chicken and pork patty, sliced
- 170 grams white button mushroom
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in striped
- 250 grams chive and garlic cream cheese
How to make pizza crust:
- Activate the yeast. Put warm water in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp of white sugar. Stir. Add instant yeast. Mix together. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the yeast is activated.
- Add the wet ingredients into the yeast mixture. Mix together.
- Add all the dry ingredients into the mixture. Mix well.
- Knead for at least 5 minutes. Then form a ball.
- Cover the bowl with a dry cloth. Allow the dough to rest for an hour in a dry non-ventilated area. After an hour the dough will double in size.
- Flour your work surface, and put all the dough onto the surface.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough and form a circular shape.
- Pinch a shallow border
- Pre-bake the dough in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 160⁰C.
How to make pizza sauce:
- Put olive oil in a frying pan. Put tomatoes. Mix. Add onion. Stir well.
- Add oregano and paprika. Mix well.
- Add iodized salt and freshly crashed red pepper. Mix together.
- Add water is necessary. Let it cook for about 5 min.
Top it your way.
- Spread pizza sauce on the pizza crust.
- Put the meat.
- Spread the cooked mushroom.
- Add on the cream cheese.
Bake the pizza.
- Shoved the pizza in the oven and baked it for 25 minutes at 160⁰C.
- Et voila! Enjoy your pizza!