Ever since I was a small child I love omelets! I enjoy to eat this dish for breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner. I just stuffed it with the vegetables I like or cheese and it makes a super yummy meal.
My mom has always made incredible omelets and since I was in elementary she taught me how to make it – her way, the Filipino way. But, through the years, and as I continue to immerse myself into different cultures, I learned several ways of making omelet.
At the moment, the oven baked French omelet, which I learned from Alan, is the one that inspires me the most especially when they are perfectly baked and stuffed with cooked fresh yumminess of carrots, tomatoes onions, ham and cheese – it’s downright healthy, absolutely delicious and gorgeously sumptuous.
Fresh eggs, fresh vegetables and fresh ham – combine them in such a pleasant way, would definitely inspires you to get up early in the morning, and probably not any kind of omelet you may have encountered before.
One technique to make this elegant bright yellow cheesy-doused omelet is to whip the egg mixture until it is very foamy. The mixture will still be foamy while coking, so that the bubbles of air trapped inside will expand while in the oven making the omelet lighter.
If you wish to try this melt-in-your-mouth egg dish, here’s a simple recipe: I hope you enjoy eating the way we savor it.
Ingredients good for 6 servings:
- 10 fresh medium-sized chicken eggs
- 300 grams of ham, cut into thin stripes
- 2 medium-sized carrots, grated
- 1 medium-sized onions, diced
- 1 kilogram of tomatoes, diced
- 200 grams of Emmental cheese, grated
- ½ cup of milk
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Step 1: Prepare the ham and vegetables mixture.
- Cook the tomatoes and onion in the pan.
- When it’s half-cooked add the carrots.
- When it’s fully cooked, add the ham. Stir occasionally.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the egg mixture.
- Put all the eggs in a big bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and a bit of milk.
- Whip the mixture until it is very foamy.
Step 3: Putting together.
- Put the egg mixture in an oven dish.
- Add the vegetables and ham.
- Stir until it becomes homogenous.
Step 4: Bake it.
- Put it in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes.
- Ten minutes before the dish is cooked, add the cheese on top.
Step 5: Et Voila! Serve, share and enjoy!