I love cooking Chicken Fajitas! And, it’s the family’s favourite too!
It’s a feast of flavours and colours! It looks so colorful and so pretty. It’s mouth-watering, tasty and healthy!
We love it even more because it’s as easy as pie to cook and perfect for parties.
Indeed, I’m tickled pink to share with you my colorful recipe.
Ingredients good for 6 servings:
- 400 grams of boneless chicken breast, cut in stripes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 spring onions, chopped
- 1 piece jalapeno, seeded and cut in stripes
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, cut into thin stripes
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into thin stripes
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, cut into thin stripes
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut into thin stripes
Step 1: Prepare the marinade. In a mixing bowl, put in the lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, black pepper, salt, garlic, cilantro, spring onions, and jalapeno. Mix thoroughly. Add the chicken. Combine it well. Marinade it for about 15 minutes or, if you can, marinade it longer or overnight, the better so that the chicken could absorb the mixture.
Step 2: Sautéed the vegetables. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Put in the vegetables. Stir occasionally, and sautéed it for about 3 minutes. Put it on a plate.
Step 3: Cook the meat. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the same frying pan. Put in the meat. Stir occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. Stir. Add a small glass of water, and cook it for about 10 minutes over high heat.
Step 4: Putting together. When the meat is cooked, add the sautéed vegetables. Mix well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
Step 5: Serve, share and enjoy. Put the chicken fajitas to a large bowl, and serve with warmed tortillas, guacamole, and tomato salsa.