Beef Stroganoff is always a hit with the whole family. It is one of our comfort foods that everyone loves and makes everyone smile.
Beef Stroganoff is a simple beef dish with mushroom swirled with fresh cream to make a creamy sauce and served over with rice, pasta, potatoes, green beans or French fries. But my family always loves it with hot steamed Jasmine rice.
In this recipe, we cook the mushrooms first before adding it with the rest of the ingredients so that the water in the mushrooms will evaporate and mushrooms don’t taste squishy.
It’s super yummy; uses easy ingredients and it whips up quickly.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 500 grams of beef, cut into thin strips
- 2 kilograms of tomatoes, sliced into small cubes
- 2 big onions, sliced into small cubes
- 20 cL of fresh cream
- 200 grams of mushroom, sliced thin strips
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 33 cL can of beer
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Marinate the beef for at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl, put the beef. Add soy sauce, black pepper and water. Keep adding water until it covers the meat. Mix well. Let it set for at least an hour.
Step 2: Cook the mushroom
- In a frying pan, put the mushroom. Cook it above a gentle fire until the mushroom look dry and wee bit brown. Stir it regularly so that it won’t get burnt.
Step 3: Prepare the flour mixture
- In a cup, put in the flour. Add about 20cl of water and mix until it becomes homogeneous.
Step 4: Prepare the tomato and onion mixture.
- In a frying pan, put the tomatoes and onions together. Add a glass of water so it doesn’t burn. Mix well. Let it cook until it melts.
- Add soy sauce and pepper. Stir.
- Put in the beer. Stir. Let it cook until the beer stops foaming.
- Add fresh cream. Stir.
- Add the flour mixture. After you added the flour, stir it regularly so that the flour will not stick at the bottom of the pot.
Step 5: Putting together
- Add the meat into the tomato and onion mixture. Stir.
- Cook it above a gentle fire for about 5 minutes.
Step 6: Serve hot with steamed rice, pasta, potatoes, French fries, green beans or have the Beef Stroganoff by itself.