This chicken broccoli spinach quiche is full of flavor. I made it with homemade pie crust. My family usually eat it for brunch, breakfast or lunch. If your family ain’t crazy about broccoli and spinach, you can throw in any combination of vegetables for a hearty meal any time of the day.
It’s a snap to make but looks great on the table. It’s a pretty flexible recipe too with regards to veggies and cheeses. I absolutely like my quiche – fast, cheap, tasty and picture-worthy.
What you will need:
- For the pie crust:
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1 fresh chicken egg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 20 grams of salted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup of cold water
- For the fillings:
- 500 grams of chicken breasts – skinless, boneless and cut into thin strips
- 20cL fresh cream
- 1 broccoli cut into florets
- 1 pack spinach leaves
- 100 grams cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium-size onion, cubes
- 2 tbsp of flour
- olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly crashed
- salt taste
How to make it?
Prepare the pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl put the flour, butter and sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, cracked the egg to make sure that it’s a good one and to remove some eggshells. Then put in into the mixture. Mix well.
- Add the cold water little by little until you get the desired consistency. Knead it well.
- Form into a big ball.
- Wrap it with a plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate it while you are preparing the fillings.
- After you refrigerate it, flour the surface of the working area.
- Roll dough out to your desired thickness. Make sure the edges extend a couple of inches beyond the 9-inch pie plate.
Prepare the filling.
- Put olive oil in a frying pan. Add chicken and stir. Add salt, paprika and onion. Mix well. Let it cooked until the chicken turn white or light brown. Once cooked, put it in a large mixing bowl.
- Using the same frying pan, put some salted butter. Put the broccoli florets. Add 3 tbsp of water. Cover the pan. Sauté the broccoli florets for about 4 minutes. Once cooked, put it in the mixing bowl together with the chicken.
- Using the same frying pan, put a tablespoon of olive oil. Add spinach and the sauté for about 3 minutes or until the spinach leaves reduced its volume, don’t overcooked it. Once cooked, put it in the mixing bowl.
- Add fresh cooking cream and freshly crashed black pepper. Mix it well. Add flour. Stir, and make sure all the ingredients are well combined in a bowl.
- Spread the fillings into the crust. Press it a bit hard using a spoon to make sure there’s no empty spaces.
- Bake it for 60 minutes at 175⁰C to allow the middle to set and for the crust to cook properly and to get flaky.
- Spread the cheese on top of the quiche 25 minutes before the time.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
Serve, share and enjoy.