It took me several tries to perfect this easy sweet cinnamon rolls recipe – a new addition to our family recipe book. I like this recipe because it is quite simple to make, and each time I make it, they always have turned out perfectly moist and fragrant and tasty.
These squishy spirals of buttery dough are incredibly delicious. And became one of our simple indulgence for afternoon snacks served with homemade passion ginger tea.
My family enjoys cinnamon rolls especially when it’s fresh and still warm from the oven. These pillow-y rolls are just sweet enough, so if you don’t like too much sugar, this recipe is ideal for you.
So, raise your hand if you love cinnamon rolls! And happy journey into the cinnamon roll heaven.
What you will need for the cinnamon dough (for 12 cinnamon rolls):
- 50 grams of salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup of fresh milk
- 1 fresh chicken egg
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 pack of instant yeast
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
What you will need for the filling:
- 5 grams of salted butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsps of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder
What you will need for the glaze:
- 50 grams of cream cheese
- 10 grams of butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp of sweetened milk
How to make sweet cinnamon rolls:
- Put the butter, milk and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add sugar, honey and yeast. Mix well.
- Add flour. Mix well. Knead with your hand until the dough is not sticky anymore and no more leftover.
- Form the dough into a big ball.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm area. Let it rise for an hour or until it doubles its size.
- While the dough is still rising, prepare the filling. Put the brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a small bowl. Mix together.
- Once the dough has risen well, flatten it into a rectangular shape.
- Brush some melted butter and spread out the filling.
- Roll the dough. Cut it in circular and arranged them in the baking pan. Then let it rise for another 30 minutes or until it has double its size.
- Put it in a preheated oven and bake it for 20 min at 160⁰C.
- Prepare the glaze. In another small bowl, put the cream cheese, butter and condensed milk. Mix it well.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the cream-cheese glaze.
- Serve and enjoy!