I love the simplicity of the chocolate chip cookies, and this is my favorite recipe. I’m glad that I was able to perfect it.
These cookies are my go-to-snack or after-school-treat. They are good –thick, the outside is hard and the inside is soft. The aftertaste is a wee bit chocolatey but not too much. And these can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
My husband and son, who don’t like sugar, like those cookies. My son usually has at least 3 cookies. Our students enjoy the cookies too.
What makes this chocolate chip cookie recipe so delicious?
- In these cookies, I only use 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1 ½ tbsp. of honey. It adds moisture and more flavor. Plus, brown sugar and honey are wonderful ingredients to bake with.
- I use fresh chicken egg at room temperature.
- I use 10 pieces of semi-sweet chocolate strips, and cut them into small slices. It may sound a lot but you can’t have a good chocolate chip cookie without a good amount of chocolate chips in each cookie, right?
Try my easy recipe, and you will have chocolate chip cookies to serve, share, and enjoy in no time.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 40 grams of salted butter, melted
- 1 fresh chicken egg, freshly cracked
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. of honey
- ¾ tsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- 10 pieces of chocolate chips, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, put in the butter, egg, vanilla, and honey. Mix well.
- Add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and brown sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix.
- Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and form it into small ball size. Drop onto prepared baking sheets. Then flatten it using a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a pre-heated over at 175⁰C. Let it cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve, share and enjoy.